PhD, OceanUniversity of Qingdao (1999)
Visiting scholar, University of Hamburg, Germany (1997-1998)
Professor, OceanUniversity of China
Research interest: Marine biogeochemistry, marine environmental Science; analysis and application of nutrients, radioactive isotopes and chemical biomarkers
1. Peng Yao*, Zhigang Yu, Thomas S. Bianchi, Zhigang Guo, Meixun Zhao, Chris S. Knappy, Brendan J. Keely, Bin Zhao, Tingting Zhang, Huihui Pan, Jinpeng Wang, Dong Li. A multi-proxy analysis of sedimentary organic carbon in the Changjiang Estuary and adjacent shelf. Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, 2015, 120, 1407-1429.
2. Jia Meng, Zhigang Yu, Qingzhen Yao, Thomas S. Bianchi, Adina Paytan, Bin Zhao, Huihui Pan, Peng Yao*. Distribution, mixing behavior, and transformation of dissolved inorganic phosphorus and suspended particulate phosphorus along a salinity gradient in the Changjiang Estuary. Marine Chemistry, 2015, 168: 124-134.
3. Bochao Xu, Thomas S. Bianchi, Mead A. Allison, Natasha T. Dimova, Houjie Wang, Longjun Zhang, Shaobo Diao, Xueyan Jiang, Yu Zhen, Peng Yao, Hongtao Chen, Qingzhen Yao, Wenhua Dong, Juanjuan Sui, Zhigang Yu*. Using multi-radiotracer techniques to better understand sedimentary dynamics of reworked muds in the Changjiang River estuary and inner shelf of East China Sea. Marine Geology, 2015, 370: 76-86.
4. Qinsheng Wei, Qingzhen Yao, Baodong Wang, Huiwu Wang, Zhigang Yu*. Long-term variation of nutrients in the Southern Yellow Sea. Continental Shelf Research, 2015, 111:184-196.
5. Xiangbin Ran, Zhigang Yu*, Qingzhen Yao, Hongtao Chen, Hongbo Guo. Silica retention in the Three Gorges Reservoir. Biogeochemistry, 2013, 112 (1-3): 209-228.