PhD, Chemical Oceanography, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY. USA (1993)
Postdoctoral Research Associate, US Brookhaven National Laboratory (1993-1994); University of California at Irvine, Department of Earth System Sciences (1994-1997)
Senior Research Scientist, Department of Environmental, Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Massachusetts Boston (1997-2013)
Gusting Investigator, Department of Marine Chemistry and Geochemistry, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (1998-2001)
Zhu-Feng Chair Professor, Ocean University of China (2013-)
Research interest: Marine organic geochemistry and biogeochemistry; Carbon isotope geochemistry; Ocean carbon cycle; Marine environmental organic geochemistry
1. Wang, X. C.*, Luo, C.L. Ge, T.T. Xu, C.L. and Xue, Y. J. (2016). Controls on the sources and cycling of dissolved inorganic carbon in the Changjiang and Huanghe River estuaries, China: 14C and 13C studies, Limnology and Oceanography, DOI:10.1002/lno.10301.
2. Xu, C. L., Xue, Y. J., Qi, Y. Z. and Wang, X. C.*(2016) Quantities and fluxes of dissolved and particulate black carbon in the Changjiang and Huanghe Rivers, China. Estuaries and Coasts, DOI:10.1007/s12237-016-0122-0.
3. T. T. Ge, X. C. Wang*, J. Zhang, C. L. Luo and Y. J. Xue (2016). Dissolved Inorganic radiocarbon in the northwest Pacific continental margin. Radiocarbon, DOI: 10.1017/RDC.2016.23.
4. X. C. Wang*, T. T. Ge, C. L. Xu, Y. J. Xue and C. L. Luo (2015) Carbon isotopic (¹⁴C and ¹³C) characterization of fossil-fuel derived dissolved organic carbon in wet precipitation in Shandong Province, China. Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry, 73, 207-221. DOI: 10.1007/s10874-015-9323-3
5. H. N. Schiebel, X. C. Wang, R. F. Chen and F. Peri (2015). Photochemical release of dissolved organic matter from resuspended salt marsh sediments. Estuaries and Coasts38(5), 1692-1705.
6. X.C. Wang, R. F. Chen, J. E. Cable and J. Cherrier (2014). Leaching and degradation of dissolved organic matter from salt marsh plants and seagrasses. Aquatic Sciences, 76, 595-609. DOI: 10.1007/s00027-014-0357-4.
7. X-C. Wang, H. Ma, R. Li, Z. Song, and J. Wu, (2012) Seasonal fluxes and source variation of organic carbon transported by two major Chinese Rivers: The Yellow River and Changjiang (Yangtze) River. Global Biogeochemical Cycles. doi:10.1029/2011GB004130.
8. Wang X. C., A. M. Altabet, J. Callahan and R. F. Chen (2004) Stable carbon and nitrogen isotopic compositions of organic compound classes in high molecular weight dissolved organic matter from four U.S. estuaries. Geochimicaet CosmochimicaActa,68, 2681-2691.
9. Wang X. C., R. F. Chen, J. Whelan and L. Eglinton (2001) Contribution of “old” carbon from natural marine hydrocarbon seeps to sedimentary and dissolved organic carbon pools in the Gulf of Mexico. Geophysical Research Letters, 28, 3313-3316.
10. Wang X. C., E. Druffel, S. Griffin, C. Lee and M. Kashgarian (1998). Radiocarbon studies of organic compound classes in plankton and sediment of the Northeast Pacific Ocean. GeochimicaetCosmochimicaActa, 62, 1365 - 1378.