Key Laboratory of Submarine Geosciences and Prospecting Techniques
College of Marine Geosciences, Ocean University of China
Songling Str.238, Qingdao, 266100, China.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Research interests: Tectonics, Mountain building, 40Ar/39Ar dating.
· March 1998 – Dec. 2000: study for PhD in Salzburg University in Austria.
· Sept. 1986 - July 1989: studied as a postgraduate in the College of Earth Sciences, Jilin University and was honored the Master degree of Engineering.
· Sept. 1982 - July 1986: studied in the College of Earth Sciences, Jilin University (previous Changchun College of Geology) and was honored the Bachelor degree of Engineering.
· Jan. 2001 - 2018: Professor in the College of Earth Sciences, Jilin University.
· Nov. 2003 - Nov. 2005: Research fellowship in Shimane University, Japan.
· July 1989 - July 1996: Associated Professor (since 1995) in the College of Earth Sciences, Jilin University.
· Standing Committee member, Structural Geology and Geodynamics Professional Committee of China Geological Society, since 2009.
· Member, Precambrian Professional Committee of China Geological Society, since 2005.
· Member, Continental Crust and Mantle Professional Committee of China Geological Society, since 2009.
· Member, American Geological Society, since 2010.
· Associated director, Professional Committee of Tectonics and Climate, Chinese Association for Quaternary Research.
Journal Editorial Board
· Geological Journal, since 2017.
· Chinese Journal of Geology, since 2009.
· Journal of Jilin University (Earth Science Edition), since 2007.
· Earth Science Frontiers, since 2015.
· Global Geology, since 2006.
· 2018-2021: Reconstruction of ProtoTethys and PaleoTethys Ocean—Study on the basement complexes in the Eastern Alps, Key Project funded by National Natural Science Foundation Committee (91755212）.
· 2018-2020: Formation and prediction of effective reservoir in the deep level of Bozhong sag, Bohai, funded by China National Offshore Oil Corporation.
· 2018-2021: Rheological behavior of partially melted rocks from early Precambrian orogen in Daqingshan, Inner Mongolia, funded by National Natural Science Foundation Committee（41772212）.
· 2017-2020: Deep geodynamics of Paleo-Pacific Plate in the NE China, funded by National Key R&D Program of China (Grant No. 2017YFC0601300-01).
· 2013-2017: Natural rheology study of continental lithosphere in typical areas (Xingcheng, Western Liaoning), key project funded by National Natural Science Foundation Committee (41230206).
· 2013-2017: Micro-block amalgamation and their mineralization in the eastern Paleo-Asian Ocean, Funded by Ministry of Science and Technology (2013CB429802).
· 2010-2012: Project Manager, Cenozoic coupling of basin and mountain in the northern Qaidam – Constrained by isotopic dating, funded by National Natural Science Foundation Committee (40972148).
· 2009-2012: Project Manager, Late Paleozoic tectonic – paleo-geography in the Songliao Basin and its surrounding areas, funded by Ministry of Land and Resource.
· 2009-2011: Structural features and formation age of the Hegenshan - Neijiang tectonic belt (200801830041), funded by Research Fund for Doctor Education of China Education Ministry.
· 2008-2011: Late Paleozoic tectonic evolution of the ‘Xingmeng Geosyncline’, NE China, a key project funded by National Natural Science Foundation Committee (40739905).
· 2009-2010: Tectonic division of the Qaidam basin, funded by Qinghai Oil Company, PetroChina.
· 2008-2010: Geology of the Endogenous uranium and polymetallic mineralization in Erguna-Manzhouli area, funded by Geological Bureau of China Nuclear Industry.
· 2006 - 2008: Project Manager, Cenozoic uplift of the Altyn Mountains constrained by geochronology of detrital minerals in Qaidam Basin, funded by National Natural Science Fund Committee of China.
· 2005-2007: Project Manager, Reconstruction of the Altyn Mountain uplift history by fission track dating of the detrital apatite from sediments in Qaidam Basin, funded by Research Fund for Doctor Education of China Education Ministry.
· 2004 - 2007: Project Manager, The Cenozoic basins and their oil potential in the NE China, funded by the Ministry of Land and Resources.
· 2003 – 2005: Doing research works for structural geology and geochronology in the project of Tectonic uplifting of Altyn Mountains and the subsidence of Qaidam Basin in West China, funded by National Natural Science Fund Committee of China.
· 2001-2005: As a vice-manager, I am doing researche in the cooperated project between Jilin University, Qinghai Oil Company China and Salzburg University Austria, which is focused on “Tectonic evolution of the Altyn strike-slip fault, the frontal nappes of the Kunlun Mountains, and their influence and control on the structural evolution of the Qaidam Basin as well as the prediction of potential second-class oil and gas reservoirs in the western Qaidam Basin”.
· 1998 - 2000: Doing research in a project dealing with the structure and evolution of the Altyn Fault in Western China, funded by National Natural Science Fund Committee of China. At meantime I also did research on the Penninic-Austroalpine plate boundary in the Radstadt Mountain, Eastern Alps.
· 1997 - 1999: Doing researches in the project dealing with the tectonic evolution of the Eastern Kunlun and Qilian Mountains in northern Tibet funded by Ministry of Geology and Mineral Resources of China.
· 1994 – 1997: Doing works in the project dealing with a study of changing mechanism from ductile deformation to brittle deformation of crustal rocks by high P-T deformation experiment of natural rocks, funded by National Natural Science Fund Committee of China.
· 1991 - 1995: As a deputy director of the research group, did research in the project of studying the tectonic evolution of Precambrian in eastern Liaoning. During the period, I was in charge of a 1:50,000 mapping project (5 sheets) in eastern Liaoning. Both projects were funded by Ministry of Geology and Mineral Resources of China.
· 1986 - 1990: Taking part in Sino-British co-operative project, a study of 1:50,000 mapping method in middle-high metamorphic terrain in eastern Hebei, which was funded by the Ministry of Geology and Mineral Resources of China and the Royal Society of British. In the Project, I did the research on the deformation and metamorphism of Archaean gneiss complexes.
* Corresponding author
l Zhi-Qiang Feng, Yong-Jiang Liu*, Long Li, Wei Jin, Li-Wei Jiang, Wei-Min Li, Quan-Bo Wen, Ying-Li Zhao. Geochemical and geochronological constraints on the tectonic setting of the Xinlin ophiolite, northern Great Xing’an Range, NE China, Lithos (2018), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lithos.2018.12.018.
l Ma YF, Liu YJ*, Qin T, Sun W and Zang YQ. Carboniferous granites in the Jalaid Banner area, middle Great Xing’an Range, NE China: Petrogenesis, tectonic background and orogeny accretionary implications, Acta Petrologica Sinica (2018), 34(10), 2631-2955.
l Yong‑Fei Ma, Yong‑Jiang Liu*, Yan Wang, Zhen Tang, Cheng Qian, Tao Qin, Zhiqiang Feng, Wei Sun, Yanqing Zang. Geochronology and geochemistry of the Carboniferous felsic rocks in the central Great Xing'an Range, NE China: Implications for the amalgamation history of Xing'an and Songliao–Xilinhot blocks, Geological Journal (2018), https://doi.org/10.1002/gj.3198.
l Yong‑Fei Ma, Yong‑Jiang Liu*, Yan Wang, Cheng Qian, Qiu‑Liang Si, Zhen Tang, Tao Qin. Geochronology, petrogenesis, and tectonic implications of Permian felsic rocks of the Central Great Xing’an Range, NE China. International Journal of Earth Sciences (2018), https://doi.org/10.1007/s00531-018-1661-3.
l Zhiqiang Feng, Yongjiang Liu*, Peng Wu, Wei Jin, Weimin Li, QuanboWen, Yingli Zhao, Jianping Zhou. Silurian magmatism on the easternmargin of the Erguna Block, NE China: Evolution of the northern Great Xing'an Range, Gondwana Research (2018), 61, 46-62.
l Zhiqiang Feng, Yongjiang Liu*, Long Li, Hongquan She, Liwei Jiang, Binying Du, Yuwei Liu, Weimin Li, Quanbo Wen, Chenyue Liang. Subduction, accretion, and collision during the Neoproterozoic-Cambrian orogeny in the Great Xing’an Range, NE China: Insights from geochemistry and geochronology of the Ali River ophiolitic mélange and arc-type granodiorites, Precambrian Research (2018), 311, 117-135.
l Limin Zhao, Akira Takasu, Yongjiang Liu, Weimin Li. Blueschist from the Toudaoqiao Area, Inner Mongolia, NE China: Evidence for the Suture between the Ergun and the Xing’an Blocks. Journal of Earth Science, 2017, 28(2), 241-248.
l Chenyue Liang, Yongjiang Liu*, Franz Neubauer, Wei Jin, Weimin Li, Bianca Heberer, Quanbo Wena, Jing Li, Li Zhang. Structural and rheological features of the western Liaoning metamorphic core complex corridor: Indications for Late Mesozoic extension of the eastern North China Craton. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences (2017), doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2017.01.013(SCI，通讯作者).
l Weimin Li, Yongjiang Liu*, Wei Jin, Franz Neubauer, Yingli Zhao, Chenyue Liang, Quanbo Wen, Zhiqiang Feng, Jing Li, Qing Liu. Syntectonic emplacement of the Triassic biotite-syenogranite intrusions in the Taili area, western Liaoning, NE China: Insights from petrogenesis, rheology and geochronology. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences (2017), doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2017.01.020.
l Jing Li, Yong-Jiang Liu*, Wei Jin, Xian-Hua Li, Franz Neubauer, Wei-Min Li, Chen-Yue Liang, Quan-Bo Wen, Yuan-Yuan Zhang. Neoarchean tectonics: Insight from the Baijiafen ductile shear zone, eastern Anshan, Liaoning Province, NE China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences (2017), doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2017.01.019.
l Chen, Z., Liu, Y-J.*, Chen, G-N., Peng, Z-L., Rheological Transitions in Progressive Melting of Rock and Their Geological Constraints from the Fuhu Metatexite-Diatexite Profile in Guangdong Province, SE China, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences (2017), doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2017.02.009.
l Yongjiang Liu, Weimin Li, Zhiqiang Feng, Quanbo Wen, Franz Neubauer, Chenyue Liang. A review of the Paleozoic tectonics in the eastern part of Central Asian Orogenic Belt. Gondwana Research, 2016, doi: 10.1016/j.gr.2016.03.013.
l Liang CY, Liu YJ*, Li WM, Yang SY, Wen QB, Li J, Mi XN and Zhang L. Ductile deformation and rock rheological characteristics from southern of Yiwulüshan metamorphic core complex. Acta Petrologica Sinica，2016, 39 (9), 2656-2676.
l Zhiqiang Feng, Yongjiang Liu*, Binqiang Liu, Quanbo Wen, Weimin Li, Qing Liu. Timing and nature of the Xinlin–Xiguitu Ocean: constraints from ophiolitic gabbros in the northern Great Xing’an Range, eastern Central Asian Orogenic Belt. Int. J Earth Sci, 2016, 105, 491-505.
l Zhiqiang Feng, Jie Jia, Yongjiang Liu*, Quanbo Wen, Weimin Li, Binqiang Liu, Daquan Xing, Li Zhang. Geochronology and geochemistry of the Carboniferous magmatism in the northern Great Xing’an Range, NE China: Constraints on the timing of amalgamation of Xing’an and Songnen blocks. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 2015, 113, 411-426.
l Liang, C., Liu, Y*., Neubauer, F., Bernroider, M., Jin, W., Li, W., Zeng, Z., Wen, Q., Zhao, Y., Structures, kinematic analysis, rheological parameters and temperature-pressure estimate of the Mesozoic Xingcheng-Taili ductile shear zone in the north China craton. Journal of Structural Geology, 2015, 78, 27-51.
l Chenyue Liang, Yongjiang Liu*, Franz Neubauer, Wei Jin, Zuoxun Zeng, Johann Genser, WeiminLi, Wei Li, Guoqing Han, Quanbo Wen, Yingli Zhao, Libin Cai. Structural characteristics and LA–ICP-MS U–Pb zircon geochronology of the deformed granitic rocks from the Mesozoic Xingcheng-Taili ductile shear zone in the North China Craton, Tectonophysics, 2015, 650, 80–103.
l Guoqing Han, Yongjiang Liu*, Franz Neubauer, Esther Bartel, Johann Genser, Zhiqiang Feng, Li Zhang, Mingchun Yang. U-Pb age and Hf isotopic data of detrital zircons from the Devonian and Carboniferous sandstones in Yimin area, NE China: New evidences to the collision timing between the Xing’an and Erguna blocks in, eastern segment of Central Asian Orogenic Belt. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 2015, 97, 211-228.
l Guo, Xinzhuan; Takasu, Akira; Liu, Yongjiang; Li, Weimin. Zn-Rich Spinel in Association with Quartz in the Al-Rich Metapelites from the Mashan Khondalite Series, NE China. Journal of Earth Science, 2014, 25(2), 207-223.